How can it be January 22nd already?! So far 2018 is blowing right by us. Hard to believe that in a little over a week our first month will be complete.
We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas spent with family and friends! Hoping that your New Year was rung in exactly as you wanted it, and that the first 20 days has treated you right.
We thoroughly enjoyed a little time off from the hustle and bustle of the business and spent time with family and friends. We are super excited to be back at it and ready for 2018! We couldn’t have had such a great 2017 without the support of our amazing customers, you guys have made Bloomers what it is today. We have seen great growth over the last year and certainly attribute it to the support of our customers.
We have been doing lots of planning and dreaming for 2018, and are excited to see what transpires!
Something new in store this year is some local, unpasteurized honey from the Bowman Apiary in Denfield, Ontario. Can’t get much closer then that!
The Bowmans have been working with bees on their Denfield farm for the last 3 years. The bees help to pollinate both the field and garden crops in the spring and summer months. The flavour of the honey is unique to the farm!
Some interesting facts about Bees*
- A beehive in the summer can have as many as 50,000 to 80,000 bees
- A bee must collect nectar from about 2 million flowers to make 1 pound of honey
- It requires 556 worker bees to gather a pound of honey
- Bees fly more than once around the world to gather a pound of honey
- The average worker bee makes about 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey in her lifetime
- Every 3rd mouthful of food is produced by bees pollinating crops. Flowering plants rely on bees for pollination so that they can produce fruit and seeds. Without bees pollinating these plants, there would not be very many fruits or vegetables to eat.
Lots of interesting facts about Bees that I didn’t know! It’s great to be able to support local farms by carrying their products, and a fun way to learn about the products too!
We currently have honey available in 375 ml jars and 750 ml jars. Stop by and pick some up, support your local, small businesses!
*information provided by Bowman Apiaries